Announcement: Summer Tryouts Begin August 28th
Our Mission & Vision
Mountain Soccer Club and Southern Vermont Soccer Club joined together to form Southern Vermont Mountain Fusion in 2007. After several successful years and growth each year, we are looking forward to offering an expanded program for the 2018-2019 season.
Our club is an independent, not-for-profit (501-3c) organization with a mission of improving player skill development and fostering a life-long passion for soccer for all youth soccer players from ages 7-17 in Southern Vermont and adjacent bordering towns.
We believe that:
- Competitive soccer should be affordable for all players. Our club fees are lower than most other travel programs, thanks to financial support from local area businesses and a lot of volunteer time by our parents, coaches, and board members, and we provide scholarship help for those in need of financial assistance.
- Soccer should be inclusive for all players. We strive to keep all players who try out and make every attempt to not cut kids. We will assign players to the appropriate team where they can best develop their skills and be successful. We will field multiple teams in an age group if we have enough qualified players tryout, and each team will play a full schedule.
- All players can improve their skills with the right teaching and a personal commitment to hard work hard and a desire to improve. Each team receives extensive training and a competitive schedule so that each player can improve during the season.
- Kids should not be forced to commit to just one sport. We are supportive of our players playing an additional sport and will try to be flexible with our schedules where possible. In return, we ask that each player commit to attending a minimum of 80% of the practices and events.
Why Join Fusion?
Benefits of Joining
- Instruction from experienced and dedicated coaches. All of our coaches are licensed (the only club in VT that has all of our coaches licensed) and are paid for their time and expertise. Many of our coaches are current college coaches, have played at very high levels of competitive soccer and have
extensiveclub and school coaching experience.
- We offer both competitive and local travel teams, ranging from select to more developmental levels of ability and play. We strive to place players on a team where they can best develop their skills and succeed. Most of our teams will play against the top clubs from Albany NY, Vermont, and the surrounding states. Other teams will play more locally in a Southern Vermont league.
- Extended playing season to allow for year-round skill development. Tryouts take place in October and we run through June. In addition, we offer a new Fall Travel Program for middle school
girls,and make players aware of summer camps and other summer training opportunities.
- Centrally located. We are based out of both Manchester and Weston VT, and all of our indoor and outdoor practices are within the local area. Our tournaments and games are primarily in the Albany NY and Southern Vermont area.
- Exposure to new players and new friends. We welcome players from all towns in
the SouthernVermont and surrounding New York area, and have players from over a fifteen towns participating in our club.
Our World Class Facilities
Our Weston Fields are located on RT 100 two miles south of
Applejack Stadium, constructed in 2005, is a municipally owned and operated stadium at the Dana L. Thompson Memorial Park. ApplejackStadium is widely regarded as one of the best natural grass playing
Eckhardt Field and McClellan Field are located side-by-side and just north of Applejack Stadium. Each field can accommodate playing surfaces as large as 120 yards long and 75 yards wide. The fields are irrigated. Each field features a large electronic scoreboard, player benches and scorer’s tables. Potable water is available at the fields.